ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just As I Am by Virginia Smith: a review

Just As I Am Just As I Am by Virginia Smith


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I started backward, and read the sequel first, but enjoyed it so well that I was excited to go back to read this one. I cannot tell you how long it has been since I have read a book that made me cry, but this one definitely was successful with that more than once. This is such a great story!



I've enjoyed Ginny Smith's books for a while now, but this just makes me like her all the more. As a 23 year old, former punk/goth teenager, I can tell you from experience that her books with Mayla hit home. The sequel was good with certain topics, but this one is just fabulous.



Mayla's story is really that of an alternative young person finding Christ and starting their life as a Christian. Not everyone has the same background and this book is great for all people whether they were brought up in the Church or know nothing about it.



I'd recommend this book to teens, young adults, older adults (to understand the younger) and anyone really. I strongly recommend it for people to read who are not Christian. It might show a good insight to how things "can" be.


View all my reviews.

Click on the tag Virginia Smith to see my other thoughts on her books, especially the sequel Sincerely, Mayla.

-
MJ

1 comments and creative thoughts:

Virginia Smith said...

Whew! I'm so glad you liked Mayla #1 after reading Mayla #2!!!

Thanks for the terrific review.

Blog Archive