ss_blog_claim=b1c8a347d19acb6069e7726e485dcc4d

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When the Soul Mends (book #3) by Cindy Woodsmall: a review

When the Soul Mends: A Novel (Sisters of the Quilt, #3) When the Soul Mends: A Novel by Cindy Woodsmall


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow. That is the main thought that I am left with after finishing this magnificent book. Cindy Woodsmall has done an amazing job with her debut series and I cannot wait to read more from this fabulous author. I enjoyed the first book and really was full of emotion for the characters. I cannot tell you how many times throughout the series I was brought to tears or screaming in anger when the characters would not for themselves.



When the Soul Mends is an incredible book about such depth with a vast amount of heart wrenching drama that is so real and so needed to be read. You could read this book alone, but I strongly suggest you start from the beginning, because only after going through When the Heart Cries to the When the Morning Comes can you really appreciate the beauty and fully healing affects of When the Soul Mends. Can you see how perfect these titles are?



I'm practically speechless, but I want to ramble about how great this book is. The characters are so real, as are their troubles and joys. Cindy really brings you into an Amish/Plain/Englisher world and shows the good, as well as the bad in all cases. After falling into their world in the first two novels and screaming for answers with the cliff hangers those two left me in, Cindy has answered everything in more depth and better than I ever could have imagined. I'm completely satisfied with this series and you can bet it is on my keeper shelf.


View all my reviews.

MJ

4 comments and creative thoughts:

Ruth King said...

I need to read these! Amish Country is practically in my backyard and I've never read any Amish fiction. (What's wrong with me?!) Thanks for your great review.

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I do not know what's wrong with you. ;) But I can tell you that Cindy Woodsmall's books are a great place to begin. Then I would suggest some of Beverly Lewis, maybe Wanda Brunstetter (I am a little torn, some of hers I detest, but some I love), Ann Gabhart has a new one out, as well as Beth Wiseman. Stick around to hear more about them in the next few days or so...

Alyce said...

These books sound fabulous! I will definitely have to keep them in mind the next time I am feeling like reading amish fiction.

Steve and Eden said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll definitely be adding it to my list of books to read in the future.

Blog Archive